Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Ring

When my fiance asked me what kind of ring I wanted, I knew exactly what to say. Small, subtle, feminine. Gold, filigree, antique.

I wanted a ring with history and character, and he knew exactly where to look. A pawn shop. 

I know some of you are cringing at the thought, but for a couple on a mission to stick to a budget, this option was perfect for us. He found me a delicate, filigreed, 18k gold ring, with a little .5 diamond and just enough sparkle.
I adore it. And it cost him $120. 

For me it isn't the amount of money he spent that makes it valuable. This estate ring has probably been loved by several people before me, and that just makes it all the more special.

If you're looking for a cheap engagement ring, try a pawn shop! If antique rings aren't your style, check out www.overstock.com for some amazing deals on engagement rings and sets. Take your tie, you'll be wearing this ring for years to come. But that doesn't mean it has to break the budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment