Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Setting a Budget

According to The Wedding Report, in 2007 couples spent an average of $28,800 (interesting side note: the average budget couples set that year was $14,250) on their weddings.  When Kristofer and I read that we wondered - is it even possible to have a beautiful, magazine worthy wedding for under $5,000?


We think so. In fact, we think it's possible for far under $5,000. We'll let you know if we're right in June 2011. 


According to every "wedding budget calculator" I've tried, I'm going to have a pathetic wedding. According to the computer brain that tallied up my budget and spit it out with a smirk, I had to find my dress at a thrift store and feed my guests crackers and cheese. And I could just forget about photography - best I could afford was a friend that owned a digital camera.


This is the story of how I proved that computer wrong. Come along for the ride as I investigate creative ways to make my budget shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment